Here are some instructions about using the Apple built-in client instead of the Cisco VPN software. Using the Apple built-in client will help ensure support as the Mac OS Evolves.
- Here’s how to use the Apple built-in client instead:
- Open System Preferences > Network
- Click the lock button to unlock it and make changes
- Click the plus sign above the unlocked lock button to add an interface.
- On the “Interface” drop-down select “VPN”
- On the “VPN Type:” drop-down select “Cisco IPSec”
- In the “Service Name:” text box create a memorable interface name such as “Your Company VPN”
- Click OK and then select this new interface
- Configure the interface with server address, vpn group and pre-shared key, username and password, etc.