From the official website:
Flash Camp Birmingham is a completely free event organised by the Midlands Flash Platform User Group.
Over an afternoon and evening, experts in Flash, Flex and AIR will share their knowledge through presentations and talks. Come and meet the some of the Adobe team, Community Leaders and network with fellow developers and designers.
Whether you’re just getting started with the Flash Platform, or consider yourself a pro, there’s something for you!
This is the schedule:
- 13:00 | Keynote – Enrique Duvos (Adobe Systems)
- 13:30 | Getting started with Flex & PureMVC – Simon Bailey (Newtriks)
- 14:15 | Break, networking & registration for new arrivals
- 14:45 | Head first Flex 4 Component Development – Mike Jones (FlashGen)
- 15:30 | Skinning components with Degrafa & FXG – James Whittaker (RefreshingApps)
- 16:15 | Break, networking & registration for new arrivals
- 16:45 | Away3D and the future of 3D in Flash – Rob Bateman (Away3D)
- 17:30 | Rapid prototyping & motion design on mobile devices – Anthony & Jerome Ribot (Ribot)
- 18:15 | Break, networking & the bar’s open!
- 18:30 | Adobe On Tour: Presenting Flex 4 & Flash Catalyst (Adobe Systems)
- 19:30 | Panel: Everything you wanted to know about contracting & freelancing, but were scared to ask Q&A
Stefan Richter (FlashComGuru), Ross Fleming (TEKSystems), Mike Jones, Simon Bailey
- 20:15 | Prize draws & closing presentation
- 20:30 | Event ends
To register visit the official website.
See you there!
From the official website:
Flash Camp London ’09 is a FREE, community-run event for everyone interested in the Adobe Flash Platform! Whether you’re just getting started with Flash or you’re an expert, Flash Camp aims to provide something for you.
We’ve lined up some of the most experienced Flash creatives in the world who will share their knowledge on everything Flash related including, migrating from ActionScript 2 to ActionScript 3, 3D, Inverse Kinematices and video to list a few.
We’ve also got some great prizes to give-away throughout the day (more on that as we get closer to the event). Don’t feel you have to rush off as we will likely move to a local drinking hole to continue the discussions over a few pints.
These are the speakers:
- Mike Chambers, Adobe [learn more]
- Lee Brimelow, Adobe [learn more]
- Serge Jespers, Adobe [learn more]
- Seb Lee Delisle, Plug-in Media [learn more]
- James Whittaker, RefreshingApps [learn more]
- Richard Dean, Lightmaker [learn more]
- Michael Chase, AKQA [learn more]
I’ll be there, giving some help to the organization. And you?
p.s. to register visit the official website
Inspired from the sessions at on AIR Tour in Milan I decided to fire up a blog and start blogging to share my ideas and solutions with the Flash and Flex communities. I’ve decided to write it in english because all the blogs I read everyday are in english too, so it’s our standard language (after Actionscript I hope).
Yesterday in Milan it was a beautiful day, perfectly organized in a fantastic location. I want to thanks Adobe and all the onAIRTour Team for the ten sessions, for the good lunch and for all the fantastic prizes gived away during the day. I’m the lucky winner of a copy of Adobe Flex Builder 3 Professional. Thanks Adobe!
I enjoyed a lot Serge Jespers‘s session about “Deploying and Updating AIR Applications” and Andrew Shorten‘s one about “Data Intensive Enterprise AIR Applications”, but my preferred was “AIR Conditioning” , presented by Lee Brimelow, with a lot of demos (NativeWindower, AIRTube, SpitEmOut, etc.) and a lot of fun.